Health & Safety Policy & Protocols
NJSOP Health and Safety Policy
All Therapy by the Sea attendees must attest to having read and being willing to comply with the NJSOP Health and Safety Policy during the Therapy by the Sea Event. Our health and safety policy may change to match the current recommendations and guidelines.
It is the policy of the NJSOP to follow the CDC and New Jersey COVID guidelines. Learn more about the CDC guidelines here and visit the NJ COVID Hub here. All Therapy by the Sea attendees are expected to follow the below recommendations during the event that are designed for the protection of all attendees:
- Practicing social distancing i.e., remaining at least six feet apart from other persons not living in your household.
- Wearing a face covering, unless eating or drinking, is strongly encouraged.
- Practicing frequent hand washing.
- Covering coughs and sneezes.
- Monitoring your personal health.
- Refraining from attending the event if you are currently experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Refraining from attending the event if you recently tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced COVID-19 symptoms, unless at least 10 days have passed since the start of symptoms and you are currently symptom free and fever free for at least the last 24 hours. You may shorten this time period to 7 days by obtaining a negative test result after the 7th day.
Refrain from attending the event if you are unvaccinated and had a known COVID-19 exposure within the past 10 days, unless a negative test is obtained no less than 5 days following your last known exposure. Wear a well-fitting mask for at least 10 days following the date of exposure.
As an attendee, if you see a situation you believe to present a risk of illness, please bring it to the attention of the NJSOP staff and take appropriate measures to protect yourself from harm.
Our health and safety policy may change to match the current CDC and New Jersey recommendations and guidelines.
If you have any questions please contact Keira Boertzel-Smith at
In preparation for a successful in-person Therapy by the Sea conference, the NJSOP has been working with the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino to implement a number of safety protocols outlined below:
Masks: Masks are strongly encouraged; NJSOP staff will be wearing masks. An individually wrapped mask will be made available to each attendee in his/her registration packet. Hard Rock convention employees will be masked.
Hand Sanitizer: The NJSOP will provide hand sanitizer bottles on the sign-in tables outside of each lecture room and attendees will be instructed to sanitize before entering the room. Hand sanitizer stations will also be available throughout the venue.
Exhibit Hall: Exhibit booths will be spaced out to allow more room between each booth. Hand sanitizer stations will be set up throughout the exhibit hall. Hand sanitizer stations will also be available throughout the venue.
For event disability accommodations, please contact Keira Boertzel-Smith at email@example.com or 609-323-4012 x 116. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs.